How much will my property lease for?
Pricing the property correctly leads to shorter vacancy periods. We can provide you with a rental opinion considering properties recently leased in the surrounding area as well as our knowledge of the area and market demands.

How long will it take to find a tenant for my property?
The better presented and realistically priced the property is and the more active the agent, the quicker the property will be leased. We will endeavor to find you quality tenants every time.

Do I need Landlords insurance?
We strongly recommend Landlord Protection insurance to protect against tenants not paying rent and any damage done to the property during the tenancy.

What happens if my tenant does not pay their rent?
Our office has procedures in place to monitor rental arrears. Letters will be sent and phone calls will be made to follow up tenants. By law, termination notices can be issued when tenants are 14 days in arrears which will be discussed with you at the time. We consider this a worst case scenario and try to minimize this risk by carefully checking tenancy applications.

How can I pay my rent?
We can provide you with a deposit book to use at any ANZ bank. Alternatively you are able to organise a direct transfer of funds into our trust account using a reference number provided to you on your lease.

How often can we inspect the property?
By law inspections can be carried out four times every year. You are welcome to attend an inspection if you wish, all you need to do is contact our office.

Who is responsible for maintaining lawns and gardens and/or pool?
On most occasions the tenant is responsible for maintaining lawns and gardens. However if your property is particularly hard to maintain or has a large amount of lawn, you may choose to have the lawns and gardens maintained and include this in the lease. This is the same for a pool. We have gardeners and pool technicians that we use on a regular basis and we are happy to arrange this for you.

Who is responsible for maintaining smoke alarms?

It is a landlord responsibility to install smoke alarms and check that smoke alarms are working at each change of tenancy. It is the tenant responsibility to change batteries if they stop working during their tenancy.

Who is responsible for paying water usage?

If a property is separately metered and has water saving devices installed on all kitchen sinks, bathroom basins & shower heads and there is no leaking taps at the start of the tenancy then the tenant is responsible for water usage. If water flow is more than 9 litres per minute on any of these items then the tenant is not obligated to pay for water usage. We can arrange our plumber to attend to these items to make sure your property complies so that you are able to collect water usage from the tenant.

If there are any questions you feel you have not had answered, please feel free to ask our property management team who would be more than happy to help you.

  • Contact Allen & Sheppard regarding your enquiry.